Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ram's initial post

Hello from Edward J. Coburn

You may be wondering why my blog is called Ram's Ramblings on Writing. Well first of all, I wanted to call it just Ram's Rambings but there is already one called Rams' Rambings. It is written by a columnist in the Winston-Salem Journal about the Ram's of Winston Salem State (sports team for the college). But why Ram's Ramblings when my name is Ed. Well, it all started with a blog by Robert Adam Madigan (or RAM), a blog that doesn't actually exist because Robert Adam Madigan is a character in a new book I am writing and, in the book, he is the author of the blog call Ram's Rambings (with, I guess, apologies to Winston-Salem State). I think, with author's license, I can call it anything I want to as a fictional blog, especially since Robert Adam Madigan is not my character's real name. He is hiding from his real name which is Frederick Martin Scope. You will have to read the book (when it's finished) to find out why.

But what about this blog?  I am going to use this blog for ramblings, some mine, some Robert's. Whatever comes to mind on the particular day will go into this blog. Many of my ramblings will be about writing to be sure, but some of them will just be ramblings, pure and simple.

I will ramble about
  • Strange things that have happened in my life (Robert will probaably ramble about them as well)
  • The struggles I am having writing this book
  • The struggles I have had in my writing career which has stretched over many years
  • The two books I have on Amazon in Kindle (ebook) format and how sales are (or are not) going
  • When I finish and post a new book and what it is about, I have several series in mind. There is the Order of the White Feather series, the Standing series (starting with Last Killer Standing) and the series staring Robert Adam Madigan. I won't give you the name of this series as I don't want someone else to write any of these books before I have the chance.
  • The struggles I have had in life in general
  • The new things I have posted on my web site at EdwardJCoburn.com such as poems, book chapters and short stories
  • The new YouTube videos I have posted. Thus far, there are two, Mighty Bradley a "take off" of Casey at the bat except about football, and If I Could, a love poem. The next one I will post is Circle of life, which I hope to post today or tomorrow.
Well, that's enough for the first blog. I will add things to the tabs soon. I will write more when I get the chance and when I have at least a few readers. I do not wish to write a blog just for my own enjoyment (though it is fun).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment