Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's been a While

Hello from Edward J. Coburn

Well, it's been two weeks since I have written anything, but I didn't really have anything to say. I have played poker the past two weekends and it didn't go too well though I ended up fourth both times. I have updated the quotes page with some more interesting quotes I have gathered.

I spent a lot of the last week repairing my Kenmore washing macine. I have had it for about 14 years and the pump started leaking. Well, rather than pay a repair person some exorbitant amount, I decided to do it myself. Unfortuanately, when I got the washer cover off, I discovered that the pump was rust-welded on the motor shaft. It was impossible to get off. Thus, I had to break the old pump apart with a chisel (and other tools) and work for several hours to get the remainder of the old pump off. It was a real treat. Then, after the pump was off, the motor shaft was too big for the new pump (which cost $60). I used sandpaper and a Dremel tool, but finally gave up and used a grinder. That did the trick and I finally got the new pump on and all attatched. Then, after putting the cover back on and hooking it all up, it new pump worked without any leaks. Glory be. I was amazed, but I probably saved a couple hundred dollars for the service call because I would have had to pay someone else for his labor time to get the old pump off. So, all it cost me a a lot of time and frustration.

What's interesting is the preachers sermon this Sunday was about perservence. I guess that about covers it. I persevered.

I am working hard on my Christmas non-fiction book. We'll see if that one sells.

No comments:

Post a Comment