Sunday, January 1, 2012

Poker yesterday so only a few pages

I played poker yesterday (Saturday, New Years Eve) and I was 6th out of 20. Not bad, I guess. Unfortunately, my poker playing meant that I didn't get much writing done. I usually get up by 5 or 6 AM since I get up at 5:00 AM every day during the week and I really can't sleep in on the weekends. Thus, I just get up to write so I generally get some work done before my wife gets up since she does sleep in on the weekend (she gets up every day during the week to make my breakfast - her choice).

I did manage to get a couple pages done yesterday so I have about 5 pages for Chapter 2 now. Right now there are 1259 words (by the count the Word gives me). Chapter 1 currently has 1641 words.

If I get the chance I'll update you as to my progress today.Because of the new year, I have tomorrow off as well so I will get some additional writing done. I do have a couple of projects pending int my workshop as well, so I may work out there some today and tomorrow. I do some wood working to break up the mononity of just writng. That's why I play poker too (though I just really like to play poker and since it's free to play...)

By the way, I'm going to lower the price of my two books on Smashwords to zero and, hopefuly, Amazon will follow with the price change soon (you can't price at zero on Amazon). I am doing it to, hopefully, get some readership with the hopes of gaining an audience for subsiquent books. Also, I just want somebody to read my books (it's a pride thing). I just wish someone would review them either on Smashwords or Amazon so I would get some feedback.

Smashwords:
Last Killer Standing
Order to the White Feather: The Sword of Dalaamar

Amazon
Last Killer Standing
Order to the White Feather: The Sword of Dalaamar

No comments:

Post a Comment