Friday, January 20, 2012

Thursday wasn't bad

 I switched  positions of chapters 19 and 20  and added more to what was Chapter 19 and is now chapter 20.  It is now 3,553 words.  In addition, I've drafted chapters 21 (1,941  words) and 22 (2,061)  for a current total of 53,566  according to a direct word count of the manuscript. . The total I have an Excel for all the chapters is 50,729 so I'm off on some of the chapters.  Which isn't surprising since I'm always going back and changing them.

53,500 is  71% of the 75,000 words. I'm shooting for.  At this rate I should be able to finish the book. By the end of the month, which is also what I'm shooting for. I think that would be quite  an accomplishment  and give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I once wrote a textbook in  a month, but I've never written a novel in a month.  Since I've only written two  novels that's  not be a surprise.

I actually thought it was pretty good that I wrote the last killer standing in three months, essentially.  I'm still pretty proud of that accomplishment because I'm proud of that book. I really like that book.  Of course I'm a bit partial. . But if you like books about serial killers. I suggest The Last Killer Standing as a good read. It can be downloaded for free  on Smashwords. . All I ask is that if you read it for free that at least you write a review. I've had a number of people read it but nobody's written a review.  Naturally, I like it, but I'd like to know what other people think too.

That's all for now. I've got to go to breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment